Friday, January 18, 2013

New Year. New Goals.


If you're here, you either got lost, clicked the wrong link, or something here caught your eye. In any case I want to welcome you to The Muddy Gamer!! Now I know you're asking yourself what is a Muddy Gamer. It's simple, it's a muddy gamer. Well, it's sort of that simple. I started this blog for multiple reasons; to share my love of games, to discuss and interact with everybody about random entertainment or fitness topics, and to track and show my progress of preparing for the USMC Mud Run. Before I dive into any of this, let me introduce myself and tell you a little about me.



Greetings everybody, I'm Mike Kaczmarski. I'm a gamer, mainly playing on the Xbox 360 now days. I do own a PS3, Vita, PSP, Wii, and Nintendo DS. I occasionally play on my Macbook or my Windows laptop, but not too often. When I'm not working, hitting the gym, or playing games, I enjoy watching TV or movies. The Walking Dead, Firefly, and NCIS are a few shows that I like to watch on a regular basis. I enjoy most movies. It would have to be completely awful for me not to remotely like it. As far as games, I enjoy playing shooters, RPGs, and action/adventure types. Halo, Gears of War, Skyrim, and any Lego game are my go to games when I'm indecisive. But enough about me, let's get to the what, why, and how of why I decided to create this blog.

Prior to last year, preparing for the Mud Run wasn't on my list of things to go out and try. After college I pretty much became a sedatary individual. I went from a scranny 150lbs to 236lbs in 12 years. I would do the seasonal yard work...occasionally, but nothing steady to keep my weight down and metabolism up. So after many years of playing games and watching my two little girls grow up and become more active, my wife and I decided last year to start living healthier and get back into shape. So, this is where The Muddy Gamer comes into play.

This blog won't be all about me. It's about sharing my interests with all of you. I'll write up reviews about video games, any game news that I feel might be of interest along with my thoughts about the news item, my thoughts about movies, any fitness tips I find that are interesting, and lastly, my progression of losing weight and training for the USMC Mud Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment